VACANCY: Litigation Lawyers Needed For Immediate Employment In Abuja Law Firm
Vacancies exist for the position of two Litigation Lawyers with a minimum of 5 years post-call & requisite courtroom experience, in a reputable Law Firm based in Abuja.
The ideal candidate should be able to:
• Carry out assigned daily corporate tasks.
• Ability to handle mergers and acquisition.
• Perform due diligence in legal matters concerning contracts, agreements, and mergers and acquisitions.
• Research and analyze the law on complex issues and writing briefs for submission to a supervising lawyer in the firm.
• Analyze and summarize complicated legal documents, including contracts, and suggesting alterations to those documents.
• Interview witnesses, work with paralegals to sort out legal research and find relevant casework or filing documents with the court or opposing counsel.
• Prepare briefs and write articles in line with the projections and modern legal trends.
• Analyze legal issues and proffer solutions in line with the law.
• Registration of businesses.
• Research legal authorities.
• Handle routine client enquiries and communication.
• Collation of matter start and matter completion data and prepare all claims cost.
• Investigate facts for a related matter.
• Draft and review court pleadings as well as other legal documents, loans, pledges, share purchase agreements, escrow agreements, resolutions etc..
• Ensure legal obligations are met at all times.
• Handle client’s complaints and concerns on legal matters.
• Contribute to business development ideas by conducting thorough research on top class law firms.
• Source for client and briefs for the firm.
Education and Work Experience:
• LLB – University degree in law.
• B.L – Law school certificate.
• Should possess a minimum of 5 years post-call experience, preferably in litigation.
• Must be able to draft reports
• Must know how to carry out legal research.
• Strong computer literacy
• Attention to details and procedures.
• Ability to liaise and communicate with clients directly.
• Familiar with administrative software
• Strong reporting skills.
• Good negotiation skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent customer service with a client focus
• Effective team player
• Flexible to work weekends and overtime where required
Eligible candidates should forward a signed one page application including their:
Social Media handle(s)
and C.V. via email to:
Deadline for submission is Saturday 24th February, 2023 as shortlisted candidates shall be invited for interview immediately.