Electoral Reform Committee: Extension Of Time For Submission Of Memoranda By 14 Days
1. Further to our earlier communication requesting for Memoranda from members of the Bar on the Electoral reform process of the Nigerian Bar Association, the Electoral Reform Committee has received several responses to the Call for Memoranda.
2. However, upon appeals for extension of time by some stakeholders and members of the Bar to enable them submit their Memoranda, the Committee hereby EXTENDS TIME for the submission of Memoranda for another fourteen (14) days, commencing from the date of this publication. This is to ensure inclusive participation of all our members in the electoral reform process.
3. It would be recalled, that the NBA Electoral Reform Committee (NBAERC) has been given the following Terms of Reference (TOR):
i. To interrogate the electoral practices in the Association
ii. To make recommendations for reforms
iii. Make proposals for a possible review of the Constitution in this regard
iv. Take any other step as may be necessary to achieve the objectives of the Committee.
4. Further to the above, the Committee hereby CALLS FOR MEMORANDA from
– Branches of the Nigerian Bar Association, through their Chairmen
– Stakeholders and Interest groups in the Legal Profession
– Members of the Nigerian Bar Association.
5. Memoranda submitted should be confined to any or all of the following:
a. Identify forms and avenues for incurring excessive expenditure by Aspirants/Candidates in NBA elections;
b. Identify unethical and unprofessional electoral practices by Aspirants/Candidates and members of the Bar during electioneering campaigns;
c. Make suggestions/recommendations on ways and means of eradicating excessive expenditure, inducements and/or other unwholesome practices during NBA electioneering campaigns;
d. Make any further representations relevant to the terms of reference (TOR) of this Committee.
Memoranda should be concise and straight to the point, in 14-point font size format with double spacing and a maximum of five (5) pages.
6. All Memoranda should be addressed to the Secretary of this committee and submitted in soft copy to the e-mail: email@example.com within 14 days from the date of this publication being Friday 28th October, 2022.
Charles Olawale Ajiboye(KSM)FICMC,FCAI,ACIS
National Assistant Publicity Secretary
To join THE METRO LAWYER social media platforms, please click on the following:
WhatsApp Channel:Join whatsapp
TELEGRAM: Join Telegram
FACEBOOK Join Facebook
TWITTER Join Twitter
INSTAGRAM: Join Instagram
For sponsored posts, adverts and articles, please send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 08034518185/08033240447.
COPYRIGHT 2023 THE METRO LAWYER.
All materials available on this website are protected by copyright, trademark and other proprietary and intellectual property laws. You may not use any of our intellectual property rights without our express written consent or attribution to "www.themetrolawyer.com.ng".
However, you are permitted to print or save to your individual PC, tablets or storage extracts from this website for your own personal non-commercial use.